Your typical responsibilities as a graphic designer include:
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose
- Concepts and developing interactive design and thinking creatively to produce new ideas.
- Photographers and commissioning illustrators.
- Working on layouts ready for print and demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- High quality work and proofreading to produce accurately.
Apart from drawing and technical skills, you will need to show:
- Enthusiasm for design, and passion with a creative flair.
- Working in a team with a flexible approach.
- The confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues with good presentation skills.
- The ability to cope with several projects at a time
- Attention to detail when finalising designs
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.